Saturday, July 08, 2006

David Millar

David "Did I mention that I'm clean?" Millar (British Saunier Duval rider coming off a 2-year suspension for doping) is going to ride to Paris, come hell or high water.

"Saturday, I hope to do really well in the long individual time trial, but maybe I might do really crap," Millar cautioned. But he is still sure of his overall objective: "I’m pretty sure I can get to Paris! I don’t know if I’ll be 'lanterne rouge' or not, but I will get to Paris!"

Millar rode a 37th-place time trial, which is certainly respectable, but may have been a disappointment for a former time trial star. He's in 25th place in the general classification after the ITT. But we do hope to see him finishing the Tour along the Champs Elysees.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?